Oh Holy Motherfakers! The Holidays are almost upon us! Thanksgiving is only four days away and for me that means the official start of the holiday season. I can’t wait to see the holiday turkey and CRAM IT with stuffing. And then fill my plate and thank the Lord for his plentiful bounty. Oh! the Horn-O-Plenty will sound from the mountaintops! Can it do that? Maybe just a bunch of squash and corn and stuff will flow out of the Horn, but I do know that this could be the Horn-y-est Thanksgiving of all.
I’ve got TONS to be thankful of, and you (dearest of Motherfakers) are one of them. So I’d like to pad the ole blog with a list in of things I’m thankful for.
1. MOTHERFAKERS – Without you, my dearest of pals, I would be lonely and this blog would have no purpose. My New Year’s Resolution is to come up with some great Motherfaker Memorabilia for you, T-shirts, bumper stickers…something. Have any suggestions? Comment below.
2. IMPROV – In the spirit of giving, one of my favorite things to do is teach, perform and discuss the craft of improvisation.
3. NATIVE AMERICANS – None of this would be possible without the generous spirit of the Native Americans. That’s why I attended the Red Nation Film Festival to give props to the whole Red Nation (pic below). I’ll admit, at first I thought I was attending a Republican Party fundraiser.
4. MUSIC – Yes, the gentle spirit of music calms, soothes and shreds! Get outta yer hippie hash dens and crank up some Mozart. Until that time, heads up to the Hollywood Music in Media Awards. Click HERE to see the interview I did on the Red Carpet. ( pic below)
5. FRIENDS – Yes, thank goodness for friends, family and everyone supportive. I saw a lot of great friends at my buddy Dave’s wedding this weekend in Sierra Madre. And of course to my new friends I’ve made this year and the friends I’ll make this year. If you’re reading this…you’re included. Here are some fan pics from some of my younger Motherfakers. They’ve declared Friday Bill Day and they celebrate it weekly. Here are some of the fan pics they’ve taken and shared on facebook. They’re my sweeties!
Okay, you can get one of those bracelets anywhere, but can you get one of these?
Ore one of these?
Now besides the Hollywood Hubub, what have I been up to? LOTS. I went back to Central Methodist University (my alma mater) and taught workshops and performed a show with the students there. It was a lot of fun. Then I was asked to stick around and be a part of the Haunted Library event. Below is a pic of my friend Delia, whose throat I slit…yep I was the killer in this haunted house/scavenger hunt/murder mystery.
Oh, but the fun didn’t end there…It was pledge period for the men of Phi Mu Alpha national fraternity of music, Beta Mu chapter…my brothers in song…see why music was so important earlier? Here are some of the new members of this music fraternity near and dear to my heart. I look forward to singing the old songs with them under the tower soon.
And no trip back to Fayette would be complete without a few wasted nights (no pun intended) at The Chi Delt House. Chi Delta is the oldest fraternity on campus, and I was very proud to see them carrying on the old traditions of Southern Gentlemenly behavior. This mixer was a Toga Party…at least for some of us!
Then I packed it all in and headed back for my latest episode of Wizards. It was sooo fun. As always, i can’t reveal a lot of details, but I can tell you that part of the episode takes place in the Old West…a very special Mr. Laritate episode. Guest starring on this week’s episode was Ted McGinely from Happy Days, Married With Children, The Love Boat and Revenge of the Nerds. One of my all time favorite actors, and a thrill to work with. We had the opportunity to do all kinds of silly stuff together and did some improvisation which made it’s way into the production. What a great week that was. I hurt my back doing a stunt, and played 18 holes of golf the next day on top of it, so I was laid out flat for two days while my back healed up. Hope I didn’t do too much damage last night at the wedding.
So that’s all the news that’s fit to print. Let me know what you’d like to hear blogs and updates about, comment below!